Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Goodbye to Colorado - and the Return Home

We awoke the next day and went back to the home of Joan and Jerry. More of Neta's family had arrived and were visiting. We spent a couple days with them, wrapping up our trip. I did take the opportunity to visit a couple stores and buy some dresses. We also went along a road called the Scenic Skyline, as it traces the top of a mountain. Our plans to go into the south mountains had to be cancelled, as there was a very bad fire in the Pueblo area. At the time we were leaving much land had been burned, but so far no houses. The entire area is terribly dry, and a storm the previous week had ignited the blaze. It was impressive to see it from a distance, in the dark.

We were able to leave just a little earlier than planned, as Neta decided to stay an additional week with her children. So we headed out back on the road in the very early morning of Tuesday. Shawn and I took turns driving an otherwise unmemorable trip. Our dogs were overjoyed to greet us at our arrival. It was a very pleasant couple weeks off . . . but I was happy to return home, and to get back to a normal routine.

To all the wonderful people who opened their homes to us. Thank You! For family, it was good to see everyone! But I think we'll visit in the fall or winter. Summer in Texas is just almost too hot to withstand! For friends who watched all our beasties while we were gone . . . THANK YOU! Vacations are nice, but truly, there is No Place Like Home!!

Now, very soon . . . back to work, and a normal routine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter