Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes in life we come across simple pleasures. They should be recognized for what they are and appreciated. I've added one such pleasure to my morning routine.

On this past Sunday I visited La Crosse with my husband and my girlfriend. One of the stores we visited was Pier 1 Imports. Lots of beautiful things in this store, that I wish I could afford to outfit my home with. But, most of these items would be out of place, in my very old and very lived in home. It's a humble place! But it is HOME.

Well, as my girlfriend was shopping, I came around a corner and saw a display of absolutely beautiful, heavy dinnerwear. But what caught my eye the most was the mugs. So large . . . and so brilliantly painted. I was intrigued as I picked up one of them, and held it in my hands. It fit so comfortably. The lacquered surface so smooth. But as I turned it over, the pricetag caught my attention, and I put it back. My practical side informed me that $12 for a mug was just too much! So, I continued through the store, looking at items. After all, I wasn't the one shopping, but my girlfriend. However, I wandered over to the display a time or two. Finally, as we were about to leave, I decided that some pleasures simply must be indulged! I selected a mug, and purchased it!

My husband teases me for making a blog entry about a coffee mug. But look at it! Is it not an object of beauty! And somehow, my coffee tastes so much better from it. A dollop of cream, a square of chocolate. And I am happy, with this simple pleasure!
 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter