Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Training

OK . . . now I'm getting behind here!!

I'll come back soon and add the info about Sienna's training.

She's a DREAM!!

~~~~~~~~~~

Well - It is Sunday afternoon, October 9. The day after Sienna was electrocuted.

It seems kindof silly to come out here and update this section, since she is gone now, but at least I can post the information, and it is a record of how quickly she trained up, for comparison with future birds.


Training Schedule:

September 17, 2005 Trapped in Madison, WI 47.4 oz with casting jacket
45.2 oz all equipment on my scale

September 20, 2005 Ate off fist (day 3) 42.6 oz

September 22, 2005 Jumped to the fist (day 5) 42 oz

September 24, 2005 Creance flights outside (day 7) 41.8 oz

Rest of September into October - establishing flight weight - decided it was 40 oz, with a little give up about 40.2 to 40.4.

October 8, 2005 First free flight & hunt (day 21) 40.4 oz

Deceased - electrocuted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter