Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

First Hunt in Earnest

Today I left work early and took Nina out for the first serious hunt. I chose a place in Tomah that I thought should have been loaded with bunnies. Lots of cover. Many trees. Still some green plants. Right next to a residential area. It looked perfect . . . to me anyway!! But I didn't flush anything! Nina followed pretty good, as she is supposed to. But this lesson will be learned all the more better if I flush something in my passing. Then she'll learn it is a good thing to stick near me! The hunt ended unsuccessful . . . but I did get my bird back, no problem!

I'm taking tomorrow off as a vacation day. Need to clean the garage (goodie!!) So, I think I'll take Nina to Mauston, and try one of the spots there. I really want to flush game under this bird. I think she'll go for it! Now I just have to do my part, and find the bunnies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter