Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Searching for Bunnies

It has been several weeks since I began flying Nina free . . . and yet, still, I have not entered her yet! I've been taking her out every 2 to 3 days, but I'm having difficulty finding bunnies. The few I have found have flushed when she is out of position. In fact, I've found more squirrels than bunnies.

Nina seems to know to chase squirrels. But then, this might simply be instinct! Watching her chase them is very exciting . . . but would be even more so if she'd catch one! Going after squirrels seems to be a little easier too, for me. I'm not whacking through brush. Just moving from tree to tree, and craning my neck to look up the tree.

I will continue the search! Taking her from place to place, and keep exposing her to opportunities. Eventually, she'll contact!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter