Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lucky Thirteen

On Saturday, January 6th I participated in a CPR course at the Western Technical College in Mauston. This is a requirement for my participation in the respiratory therapy program. It also gave me the chance to learn how to use the AED (Automated External Defibrillator), which I had never been trained on.

The side benefit of taking this class was it allowed me the opportunity to hunt Nina in the patch of woods on the campus. Last year there was a very large brushy place covered in briar and piled up branches. However someone cleared it away. It was full of bunnies last year, and I knew they had to go somewhere. I arrived an hour early for my class, and flew my bird. Sure enough, we flushed several bunnies in the woods next to where the patch had been. There is not much cover here, so the rabbits are mostly just hunkering down. We had about three flushes before Nina finally got a good position. So lucky #13 was put into the bag . . . and quickly! I let her eat her fill off the lure, got back to the car, put everything away, and had plenty of time to change my clothes and get to class in amble time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter