Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

PERU

(I've noticed that Blogger has hidden a lot of my posts.  Here are links to some of the missing ones!

Cusco

Rainforest

Lima

El-Huayco

More Raptors at El-Huayco

From January 5 to January 15, 2009 I traveled through many of the large cities and key points of interest in Peru. I have now loaded up all the pictures I wanted to post, but still need to go through and type some of the text. If there are pictures with no text, come back, as I will eventually tell my stories. It was a wonderful experience and I have many good memories!

Machu Picchu! The mountain overshadowing the entire complex is called Huayna Picchu, and it was considered to be a sacred mountain. I was one of the 400 a day allowed to walk on the mountain, and I did climb to the top! Click on the picture for a closer view. It is worth it!
My travel companion, Jay, and I standing outside next to the plane that took us out of the rain forest. LAN Airlines is the primary airline for internal travel in the country. On this trip I rode on 8 planes, 2 trains, a bus, several boats and canoes, and numerous taxis.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Carolyn!
    GREAT PHOTOS!!!
    Loved the stories too - I read them all! :-) See you next week! D.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter