Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Solstice

A cold winter wind blows the five to six inches of snow which has blanketed our area. A beautiful adornment for this, the longest night of the year.

In a fashion that would please the pagan heart, we built a very large bonfire, my husband, my soul-sister and myself. The snow is protective cover from the many sparks and embers that the wind catches up, and dance into the sky.

We built a very hot fire, and consigned Pente’s remains into the bed of coals and flames. They quickly did their work, with the help of the wind. Many times, great gusts would cast up sheets of embers, like so many fireflies. The clouds cleared, and the moon shone through, in what I like to think of as its “Luna Eye” phase. Waxing Gibbous. It looks like a great hawk’s eye in the sky.

A very magickal night to say farewell.




Good Bye Pente! Fly Free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter