Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Travel Day - Trip Wrap up

I sit in my own livingroom, finishing up this series of posts. It is good to be home . . . even though my home is somewhat of a disaster, and needs cleaning badly!! A couple of very good friends watched all the various beasties. THANK YOU to all of you, for helping us to get away for a little. Fortunately, Shawn and I both have a couple more days until we have to return to work. Shawn is snoring as I type this message. Finally, in his own bed, he is allowed to sleep past noon. Poor Dear . . . it's hard to be a night person . . . and be married to a morning person!

It sleeted last night, and the roads are a bit slippery. But I think I must get myself put together here shortly, and make an attempt to go out trapping. I have but today and tomorrow to be successful . . . or go hawk-less until next September. Dave e-mailed that he's been trying, and almost had a hawk, but it broke free from the trap. Bill called me on the cell last night while I was waiting for our connection in the Chicago airport, and we've agreed to meet at the pheasant farm in Janesville tomorrow, Friday. I do so hope for a bit of a miracle these last couple days.

Our trip home was uneventful . . . again, a very good thing! We got up and got checked out of our hotel very early. We had plenty of time, so went in search of one of the local grocery stores. As I suspected, they each have a tortilla stand. So, I purchased two 20 packs . . . and carefully transported my carry-on package all the way home. I've invited some friends to have soft tacos on Thursday . . . using authentic, fresh, soft tortillas. No preservatives . . . so they won't last long. But somehow, I don't think that will be a problem. I definitely have to get out of the house, as I have to go pick up some groceries. Not too much in the house!

I've always noticed that 'home' feels just a little strange when you come back from a trip. Certainly 'home' smelled normal!! Very doggy! It is supposed to get just a little warmer (relative to a Wisconsin winter) the next day or so, such that the windows might get opened to let in some fresh air.

Time is ticking . . . animals need feeding . . . and I should get out and try to find a hawk or two to drop a trap under.

Yes . . . back home again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter