Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Natural Resources

On Friday, November 18th I accepted the invitation of a friend, and went to give a talk about falconry to the Natural Resources class at the Wonewoc High School. The students were very attentive, and seemed to enjoy very much learning about falconry, and seeing Nina, a red-tailed hawk up close and personal. I explained about the sport, and then we took a walk in a section of woods set aside for the class. Unfortunately, we did not stir up anything for Nina to chase, but they did see her come to my glove, follow me through the woods, and finally, come to a lure call.

Thank you very much to Kelly Rueckheim, the instructor for the Natural Resources class. For bringing your class out, and letting me talk to them. And also for letting me use the pictures you took. And thanks to "Spooky", my friend, for extending the invitation, and giving me this opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter