Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Success where there has been none before!


On Monday I had several errands to run, to do with my efforts to go back to school, and also as regards my job hunt. But once I was done with them all, I wanted to hunt Nina, for she was ready.


I went to a field just outside of Camp Douglas that I have hit time and again. There are bunnies there . . . for I have seen them . . . but never caught one. Well, this year, with Nina being as hot as she is, finally we scored in this field too!


There are great brush piles in a spot, and I worked them, but nothing was pushed out. There could be a whole convention of rabbits, but the piles are so large, they figure they are best safe to just stay put. So I began to work the field. At one point, I flushed a bunny, but Nina was just too far off to have much of an effect. But after that miss, she repositioned herself up over where I was at. I worked the same spot, and flushed a second bunny. This one she nailed. It turned out to be just a little bunny . . . probably a youngster from this past summer. But, it was a successful hunt where I have never had success before.


This makes bunny #14 for the season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter