Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Now check out one of the most unusual birds I have ever seen come to a falconry meet.






No, you are not seeing wrong!

That is a female Snowy Owl!!


Her name is Isis, and her falconer is Bob Smead. I only hung around long enough to take a few pictures, so did not gather a whole lot of information about her. Later in the day I heard someone say they were going out owl hawking, in the dark. So, maybe they were referring to her. I should have followed up with some questions to understand just how that would be accomplished. I know the bird would be able to see just fine . . . but the falconer might have some difficulties! I have a hard enough time moving around in the field in the daytime!!


Another rare and beautiful bird that was seen was this gorgeous Siberian Goshawk. Her falconer told me her name, but it was just soooooo cold I didn't write it down, and now I can't remember. Well . . . a lack of name doesn't take away from the fact that she is just so awesome to look at!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter