Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hunting in Pittsville

Today I accepted the invitation to come have lunch at one of my small bird friend's home, Marlene. She had some family visiting, and wanted to show them something interesting . . . falconry. I was more than happy to help out!

After a wonderful and tasty lunch, I got Nina out and all geared up. Marlene and her husband Pat live along a creek in Pittsville. They see lots of bunnies! Well, very quickly in the ravine I did flush one, right in front of her audience. They couldn't have gotten a better view! I traded her off, let her eat, then put her away. I had then also brought Mo with me. After bringing up just an absolutely HUGE casting this morning, he was good enough to hunt. He'd had a bunny head the day before. So I got him all geared up, and flew him. Unfortunately, either the SOS went out along the creek, or the bunny wire service, for no other bunnies hopped out . . . other than just one, and it was up out of Mo's view, so he didn't see it. But he did gets some good exercise, and came back to the lure at the end of the hunt.

No pictures for this one today!

This is bunny #18 for Nina!

Tomorrow I may meet someone in Wautoma, and show off my bird to her. We'll see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter