Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Beware Those Feet!!


As promised, one of the ladies who went out on the hunt with us sent me some pictures. Below is Nina on her prize, #15 bunny for the year. Above is my expression after Nina had grabbed my hand, or "footed" me as we say. She is very clingy with her feet, and I've half thought of changing her name to Velcro, for she never releases anything, but instead rips away. She gave me a good puncture on my hand. I then put my hand back into the glove to gain control of her jesses. It hurt to be footed. It hurt to put the glove on! It also hurt much later in the day, as these wounds can, as her feet are not exactly clean. Thank goodness for epsom salt and hydrogen peroxide! They are a good soak for such wounds. I'm healing!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter