Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Wild Falcon Pictures

Just as I was about to close up my laptop and head outta Paneras, where I am on this Sunday morning, I got e-mails from my friend Dave with pictures he took yesterday with his much nicer camera. Above you can see the falcon that flew over the bluff where we were overlooking the action. This is a completely wild bird! She hovered in place checking us out, probably just as curious about us as we were to watch her.
Here is the nest box attached to the smoke stack where the young falcons were reared this year.
Here are two of the young sitting on top of the power pole. The one on the left, in true juvenile fashion, has laid down. It's just too tiring to stand up all the time like an adult!
Here one of the birds sits on the handrail. They fly all around the area, since they "own" the place. There are pigeons too . . . who try to avoid them as much as possible.

Here is another angle of the group that went over the edge down the bluff to inspect the ledge they hope in the future will be used as a permanent nesting location, once the problem of how to keep racoons off that ledge can be solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter