Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Amnicon Falls

Hey!! Lookie there!! Seems picture upload is working again!

I'll have to come back later and post the ones from last week, and then finish this one up.

This weekend I had 2 days off, so I went up north to check out some of Wisconsin's waterfalls, and camp out a night. Currently, I'm sipping a cold over-priced foofy drink and tapping into the free WiFi in some little coffee shop in Eau Claire. I only need to get home and do some homework tonight, so I might veer off West from here and check out another State Park on my way home.
Above is a view of one of the falls the Amnicon river goes over. Usually, this is a river that can be swam in, but with all the rain of late, it is flowing really high. I saw no one in it, and I myself would never dream of getting into it. Glad I skipped buying a bathing suit on my trip up, because I had forgotten my own.

Back later to finish this up and post more pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter