Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Devil's Lake

On Friday June 6th I took myself camping to Devil's Lake. And it was a good thing that I did it on the 6th, and not the 7th. As I was driving home on the next day I drove through the massive storms that resulted in all the flooding in Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota. I understand that there was damage to Devil's Lake, and of course the loss of Lake Delton!

It's taken awhile for me to be able to finish loading the pics here, as Blogger was having some issues for a good bit of time after my trip. But all seems to be working fine now.

I find on my days off I really need to "do" something. It is best that I not sit around the house, twiddling my thumbs. So, I've started to go and see and camp at many of the state parks. Because I've not seen any of the parks around the Dells, I chose Devil's lake. I ended up getting a really nice spot, and it was a lovely evening for camping. I don't really "do" a whole lot when I camp either . . . set my tent up, start a fire, cook my meal, read some sometimes, and usually go to sleep once it gets dark. But the next day I'm usually up with the birds, and go and see what needs to be seen at the park I've camped at.
For the Friday/Saturday I was at Devil's Lake, I could not stay around long, for I had to get home to be to work by 3:00 pm. So I got up early, packed my stuff, then drove around to see the park. I decided the thing I would see was Balanced Rock. It was a bit of a climb up, but not too hard. While there, yes, see those ropes! There was a group of rock climbers testing out their abilities to scale verticle surfaces, and rappel back down.
Once I left and started to drive home I ran into the storms. I hope these folks got off the "mountain" before it hit them!
Below is a golden dragonfly sunning itself on the rocks as I climbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter