Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Coastline Pictures

This is my final view of the coast, just south of Coos Bay. From this point I turned the car inward towards the Willamette Valley.
Look! Sea Lions! Really! You could hear them when you get out of the car . . . their characteristic barking. They were hauled out onto the beach, catching some sunshine, resting.
I fed some gulls and crows some popcorn I had in my food bag. They placed themselves all picturesque onto this stump.

Gulls were gathered on this spot where one of the numerous trickles of water made their way into the ocean. The gulls were bathing in the clean water.


The Umpqua River Lighthouse



The Lighthouse at Heceta Head



These rocks were covered in sea birds. Unfortunately I did not bring along my binoculars when I entered this park to climb up to the lighthouse, so I don't know what they were.


The wild lupine was in bloom!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter