Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Lincoln City ~ And an Awesome Souvenir!!


My goal for driving today was Lincoln City. I had located on the map that they had a campground here, and also I had received a brochure from them in the large packet of things that were mailed when I asked for travel info.

I arrived, and found the campground, and arranged to stay the night. The fee is $17 to camp, and you don't have to have a State Park Pass like you do in Wisconsin. Cool!! Cool!! I then went out to go see their beach. It took awhile to find one of the access ways, but I did find one. And upon my entrance to the beach . . . lookie lookie what I found!!

Lincoln City has a lively glass blowing culture here. During the wintertime they have an event where they place beautiful glass floats randomly on the beaches, 2000 in all, distributing a couple a day. I had read this in the brochure, and though what a wonderful thing it would be to find one . . . . and as soon as I stepped onto the beach, I DID!!

They are inspired by rather ordinary glass floats that originally are blown by Japanese fisherman, that sometimes break free and have traveled across the ocean and washed up on the beach. However the one I found is substantially more intricate than a utilitarian one used for fishing.
A wonderful souvenir for my trip here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter