Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Monday, April 07, 2008

Final Pictures

Final Fly Off
Our Last Picture Together

Many thanks to Lenore Schroeder, the DNR Trails and Team Leader for Wildcat Mountain State Park. She took some wonderful pictures, and mailed them to me. Thank you Lenore! I particularly enjoy the final one of Nina flying away. I'm glad you caught that, and shared!

I called her down one last time for a meal on the lure.

Clipping off her Federal Marker. She no longer needs that.

Touching a Hawk! All people, but children especially can come to appreciate that which they can touch and see up close. Appreciating leads to loving. Loving leads to conserving them, and the wild places they need to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter