Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Music

The Eagle and the Hawk

A friend sent this song to me today, and a quick search of YouTube found a video. Sorry I can't seem to actually post the vidoe here, so you'll just have to follow the link.

Thank you Quiet Bird! It's a nice song, as I mourn a little letting my bird go. But she is free now!


The Eagle and the Hawk by John Denver

I am the eagle, I live in high country
in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky.
I am the hawk, and there's blood on my feathers.
But time is still turning, they soon will be dry.
And all those who see me, and all who believe in me
share in the freedom I feel when I fly.

Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops.
Sail o'er the canyons and up to the stars.
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
and all that we can be, and not what we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter