Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yet More Pictures of the Coast

It is now Thursday, and I've not been able to download any pictures for a few days. I'm spending a quick lunch break at another of the McMenamins establishments. This one is called North Bank and is, well, on the north bank of the Willamette River, which is the river that runs through the Wilamette Valley of Western Oregon, and right through Eugene.

I can say thus far . . . . I like Eugene! I think I could get to really like this place, and enjoy living here. Of course I'm seeing it during the spring, and the weather is pleasant and dry. It is my understanding it rains a lot in the winter, and can be quite gloomy.

I just got back from an informational meeting with the head of the Respiratory Care Department at the Sacred Heart Hospital in downtown Eugene. Terrible parking there . . . just like at Gundersen back home. Also, what little I saw, it too looks like the hospital is a maze. But they have a new facility which will be opening very soon, so more opportunities for possible job in the future. After this year progresses . . . I will know if I shall move here or not. I'll also keep my eyes open for other possibilities. But I think I could get to really like this place. I've already made a friend here, and he's been showing me a bit of the city the last couple days.

I'll now post more pictures that I took of the beach from Lincoln City on down to just south of Coos Bay. They all look alike, but still . . . quite beautiful! Then yesterday I took a long round-about drive into the Cascade Mountains.

Oregon is a very Beautiful State! And I've only seen a small portion of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter