Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

This and That

I now give you . . . a bunch of water flowers, a mountain, and me!
You will not find a more beautiful nor fragrant flower than the water lilly. OK, maybe you can . . . but you certainly cannot deny the picture below is just lovely! Water lillies are quite interesting in that they have a memory. When plucked and placed in water, they continue to close up at night, and then open each day, for the number of days that they stay fresh. Click on the image below to see a close up . . . it is worth it!
I had these pictures on my camera . . . on the "hard" memory of my camera. I have a cord for downloading, somewhere . . . . somewhere I'm sure nice and safe in my storage shed . . . but I simply could not find it even having looked two times. So I broke down and purchased a new one so I could download these pictures. Sometimes I forget and don't put the memory card in, so capture pictures on the hard memory. The downloading dock is also somewhere in the storage shed . . . I'm sure someplace nice and safe! Safe from me anyways!
I've had the below image on my camera since May when I went to Oregon. SIGH!!!! I wish I could go now!!!! That state has made me heart sick. I feel an incredibly strong urge to move there. Once done with school . . . unless something totally spectacular and unexpected happens (and at this point incredibly unlikely) I shall leave Wisconsin forever and go there. The image below is of Mount Hood, taken from the airplane window as I flew over. There are so many spectacular mountains in the Pacific Northwest!
And finally, me as a Smurf! Today was the last day of Summer Clinicals. For the last four weeks we have been rounding at the local hospitals, observing, asking questions, learning, doing simple assessments of patients. We now have a bit more than four weeks off. These will be the final weeks that I work full-time. Once school starts up again I'll be dropping hours to only work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I really have to devote my full attention each class day, as I did work and do clinicals some these last few weeks . . . and it was exhausting! Students wear this obvious colored scrubs. There is a WTC badge on my left shoulder, that you cannot see in the picture. The stethoscope is my own and will be a permanent part of my working uniform as a Respiratory Therapist. Those who look can also note the reading glasses. It finally happened! My eyes realized that I'm 43! The close-up vision for reading or fine work is difficult now . . . . and sometimes I have to squint at medical charts to verify information . . . and attempt to read doctor's scrawl. The scrubs will be washed and hung up now for awhile. We'll return to the classroom when the fall semester starts up on August 27 for about four weeks, but will return to clinicals. I'm excited! The last year is about to get fully underway. I've been here in La Crosse for about a year now. Time moves on! I'm anxious to finish . . . so my life can move on as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter