Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

North Shore of Lake Superior

There are still way too many things in this area I have not seen nor experienced . . . but in this lull time between graduating and attempting to find a job, I am trying to fill in some of the missing pieces.
Upon my return from Texas, I planned a trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior with my favorite Minnesotan, Rich. Here are just a few pictures I took. I'll post more later with more text after I've gotten some of the pics he took and promised to share. It was a foggy morning for most of the drive up the shore. The mist adds to the mystery of the location.
No trip to the North Shore is complete without a visit to the famous Split Rock Lighthouse. It no longer serves the purpose for which it was built, but remains a beautiful site on the lake shore, despite it's being renovated right now.
Very picturesque!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Andrew Slade said…

    Since you're a falconer, it's no wonder you like the North Shore. Some of the first peregrines to nest in Minnesota did so on the North Shore, at places like Palisade Head (another 20 miles or so up the shore from Split Rock). Now they are found on many cliffs, as well as bridges and tall buildings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter