Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring Blizzard

OK, this might not be a very interesting entry . . . but it's what I did all this morning. We got dumped on!! I don't know how many inches . . . but probably at least 15 all together . . . probably more. With the blowing wind, it's kindof hard to measure. Some spots have some really incredible drifts. Others, are blown down to the ground. I've been keeping my front door step pretty clear. First thing I dug (by hand) a path to each mews . . . to check on the hawks. This is my front doorway.
This is by the back door, going to the weathering yard and the new mews that Mo is staying in. That's Sam using the path I dug out. There is an incredible mountain of snow to the right of the picture, which of course you can't see. For the first time I used a handy tool to pull snow off the roof. There was a lot of it up there. Now it's in a mountain on the ground.
Here is Nina sitting out in the weathering yard for a bit. Of course, after I shoveled it all out. Whew! Lot of snow in there!
And finally, the driveway. I got a lot of this done by hand, and down the driveway too, at which point my neighbor came over with his snow throwing machine. The boys are there . . . changing the color of things. It's snowing again tonight . . . but hopefully just an inch or two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter