Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


So begins the 2008 year!

I'm seeing in the new year at work. Yippeeeeee!! New Years Day is one of my holidays that I have to work, and I was selected for the 3rd shift. It's been very very quiet, which is good!

I'm ending the calendar year so far with only 8 bunnies. My numbers are down from last year. I suspect too that if nothing changes, it is not going to improve much. We have a pretty deep blanket of snow, so hawking is a lot harder. I got together with Dave on Sunday and went to visit my favorite field in Lyndon Station. The snow was so deep we didn't flush anything. All the rabbits have moved to one end of that location where there is a massive brush pile . . . so no squeezing them outta there. We relocated and tried Mauston for a bit, and at least got a couple flushes, but no catches. The day was a bust!

Today I just fed Nina, and tied her out. I had other plans. I went to meet up with a new friend, Phil in Minnesota. He lives in a very nice rural location back into the winding bluffs and roads of South Central MN. We took a long walk, enjoying each others company, and talking. I saw a shrike today! You just don't see them very often! Hopefully it is an auspicious omen, of new and rare opportunities. I searched the Internet to include a picture of one . . . but I only saw the bird with my eyes today. No touching!

I have many high hopes for a successful 2008. On this last day of the year I used up the last of my old checks with my previous married name as I mailed out a final box of some of his papers. No more scratching that out whenever I write a check. If I ever do find someone else to commit to, I think I'll just keep my own name. It's so much easier! I cleaned my room, and gave myself fresh flowers. There is a bowl full of oranges, which are supposed to denote abundance in the new year. Spring classes will begin in about two weeks.

I continue to make new steps down the path of my life, seeking purpose and meaning through confidence in myself. It is a slow journey . . . but I am thoroughly about the business of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter