Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hawking Friends

Here at the end of the day we three hawkers posed for a quick picture. Myself with Nina, Dave with Becky, and Phil with Belle. I'm wondering what the heck the birds saw, for all three seem to be paying attention to the same thing.

Many thanks to Laurie Yurtis, Phil's wife, for her photography expertise. I did not take many pictures this time out, so have relied on several she has taken. You got yourself a great family there Phil!!
I'll return soon to write up more here, and post some more pictures. For now . . . . off to bed with me. School and work tomorrow. SIGH!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Stacey Olson said…

    Carolyn,
    Beautiful site. Thanks for sharing.. I too am a falconer. And am in love with the flight style of the RT.. Have flown them for 8+years..If you get a chance please check out my site (link to falconry on right side) I am just getting started and any feedback is greatly appreciated, Thanks
    http://afocusinthewild.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter