Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring Break Road Trip

It is Friday evening, March 7, 2008. I just got home from work a little while ago. I'm going to lay down for a few hours, then get up and finish packing and get on the road. My first destination is Earlville, IL for the Lady Hawkers Meet. I'll be catching up with some of the same people I've gathered with several years in a row now to fly our birds, and enjoy each other's company. Saturday evening I'll go to stay at my friend Darla's house. On Sunday morning we will get onto the road headed eventually to New Mexico. I'm taking Nina South to find jack rabbits.

I hope we are lucky!

I'm also looking forward to the warmer weather. It's about -1 out there right now. Supposed to be up into the 60s in New Mexico this next week! I can handle that!!

I'll try to hitch the warmth up and bring it back with me!

Off to bed now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter