Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

DEEP Snow!!

What a Beautiful Bird!! If I do say so myself!! Here I took a pic of Nina against a winter backdrop. Below, as I was waiting for her to calm down so I could hood her, she decided the snow shovel stuck in a pile of snow was a good place to perch. I decided the deep brick red tool shed behind her looked nice in contrast, so took her picture.
On Tuesday, February 27 I went and met up with my friend Ray, and we stalked around the Dells area to see if there might be any good places to fly the bird. Well, there may be some, but the snow is really an impedement right now. Finally, we ended up just flying her to get some exercise out back behind where he lives. The snow was so deep in places, it came up to our thighs. Wow . . . no finding anything in all that . . . other than exhaustion. So she just got the lure. And then we went and had Mexican food! It was actually pretty good too!




1 Comments:

  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Aaron said…

    Excellent photo of Nina in front of that red siding!! Very cool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter