Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Geocaching

Something new I have started to do, as recommended by my fellow falconer friend Sharon, down in New Mexico, is geocaching. You use a GPS to find caches that have been hidden in public places. If curious, go check out: http://www.geocaching.com

One of the things you can find in a cache is something called a "travel bug". This is an item that has a trackable tag on it. It has it's own page on the above site, and you can track its travels. Well, I picked up a travel bug named "Taco". He's a little parrot. He wants to go to California. I wanted to leave him in a cache when I was down in Illinois, however the two we selected and tried to get to, the trails were just still so covered in ice, and my team didn't have good walking wear. So, the travel bug is still in my possession. I'll need to very soon maybe go find a cache down in Madison and drop it off. I don't want to keep it in my possession for too long. But he got to meet a hawk, and my sister and her family, as well as Sydney, the military macaw, who lives with my friend Darla.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter