Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Door County - Green Bay Side

After my coffee I easily flitted back to the other side of the peninsula. It is very thin here, so very quick and easy to do. I popped in for a quick visit to Newport State Park. This park has remote camping. You can hike in to your site. I’ll keep that in mind for possible future visits. However, I’m not prepared as yet to camp serious! I took more pictures, and spent a bit of contemplation time on the beach. I caught my shadow against the beach.

The day was moving on, and I still had the major state park to check out . . . Peninsula State Park. Here I climbed another tower, named Eagle Tower, and took pictures of the Eagle Harbor. Peninsula is a very sizable park and has enormous camping prospects. I stopped at the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, the only one I had access to my entire trip. There are tours offered, but I was too late, and frankly not really very interested!

(The above is the view off Ellison Bay. Again, some of these pictures are not in order according to my text! Sorry for any confusion!!)

The view of Eagle Harbor from Eagle Bluff Tower.


The Eagle Bluff Lighthouse.


Below is a scenic cliff in Fish Creek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter