Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Passport

I have been invited to participate in an adventure!

My friend Jay wants to go on a vacation, and he has asked if I would go with him. He has coordinated with my time off over the winter break. We are going to Peru, to visit Machu Pichu. He has already purchased the airline tickets. I sent off right away for my passport and it was processed and delivered pronto. I now have my passport, and look forward to marking it with my first Visa of what I hope to be many in the next few years. I have always wanted to travel. It looks like Peru will be the first!
Jay is invited over for Thanksgiving and we'll sit down and work on the details of what we'll be doing while there. Last week we had an International Day at the college where students from countries around the world set up displays and shared about their home countries. There was a woman there from Peru. I spoke with her for quite a few minutes. I asked her what I absolutely needed to do while in Peru. She informed me I must eat guinnea pig . . . a national cuisine. Well heck, why not!!
We are going to have fun! I'll take lots of pictures! However I will not be blogging (most likely) while in country, as I'm not going to take my computer. I'm going to attempt to pack light. That itself will be a challenge!
More details to come as they occur!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter