Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

DEEP DEEP SNOW Bunny Hunting - And Let's All Hear it for the New Lisbon PD and Public Works

Today I decided to try my luck at finding something for Nina to hunt. I do have an awful lot of wild turkeys showing an incredible amount of interest in my bird feeders just outside my door. But I don't have a license for turkey, and I have no idea if she'd chase one. I think they may be a heck of a lot harder to catch than they look. Perhaps I'll check in on a license for them and try. But, anyway, I thought I'd look for some squirrels. The park in New Lisbon usually has a lot of them. Though I didn't find any. In fact, all I found in the park was deep snow, and I got stuck. I drove around the park, then went on a part of the park that has been groomed for the snowmobile trail. But normally it is driveable. It looked driveable! Except for now. And I got stuck. Just about the time I was starting to worry about how I was going to get out, and was trying to figure out who I could call, a New Lisbon police office came by. He was so nice and friendly, and teased me about having chose to drive on a snowmobile trail. He didn't have a shovel in his trunk, but left to go get one. He also called in for the fellas with public works. He returned and helped to shovel me out, and then three big burley guys from public works gave me a good push and got me outta my bind.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!

I wish I had gotten a picture of you all for the blog. I did give the address to the officer, and invited them all to come visit.
I poked around the park and didn't find anything. I then moved to the truck stop outside of New Lisbon. There we found very very very deep snow . . . but lots of bunny sign, and after some pushing and stomping, Nina contacted with one of them. That's #29 for the year. We had a few more flushes, but no more successes . . . and I was getting pretty exhausted walking around, so I called it a day.
So Three Cheers go up today!
One for the nice New Lisbon Officer . . . sorry I didn't notice your name!
One for the New Lisbon Public Works!
And one for Nina!
HUZZAAAAAAAAAH
HUZZAAAAAAAAAH
HUZZAAAAAAAAAH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter