Ladyhawker - On Sabbatical

I am a Woman Falconer! Falconry is a part of my life and personality. In no way however should anyone construe my life and writings to be the example of all falconers. This blog is about my experiences, and it includes my personal life as well. For now, I am in school and cannot practice this sport, so there is not much falconry related stuff to write about. I will fly a bird again . . . Some Day!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're Off!

After Lady Hawkers I traveled to the home of my friend Darla. Once I had decided that I would make this trip I invited my sister to come with me. However, due to time constraints and family commitments, she was unable to make it. I then asked Darla if she'd like to take a vacation. Apparently I was an "answer to prayer". She has wanted to get out and away for awhile. She was happy to come with me, and help me with the driving. I slept Saturday night at her home, and on Sunday morning, minus one hour due to the time change, we got out on the road at about 7:00 AM.
We were not on the road for much more than 10 minutes and we had to make our first stop. Down the road from where she lives someone has an interesting collection displayed in their field. It is a long line of toy horses. So, we had to stop and take a picture, just because!
The next 12 hours were spent driving through Illinois, through St. Louis (quick, take a pic of the Arch for we are not stopping!!) then across Missouri, into Oklahoma, to Oklahoma City. I was happy for Darla's company, and help with driving! (She knows waaaaaaaaay too many songs from musicals for her own good!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter